After the lasagna debacle, I decided I’d share something simple, healthy, and delicious.
Recently, M decided that he was going to give up soda. I’m sure those of you that know him recognize that this is a very wise decision — he definitely doesn’t need any more sugar. As for me, I’ve started counting calories as a weight loss method (in addition to exercise) and I realized how many I was wasting on beverages. So, we were both motivated to find a healthy, and tasty, low calorie drink that was not as boring as water. This is what we (mostly M) came up with.
M’s Perfectly Brewed Iced Tea
- 4 Tea Bags
- 2 Tsp sugar*
- 2 Cups Cold Water (for concentrate)
- 1 1/2 Cups Cold Water (to dilute)
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 Cups Ice
- Bring 2 cups of cold water to a boil.
- Add 2 teaspoons of sugar and allow to dissolve.
- Remove from heat and steep 4 tea bags for 20 minutes.
- In a pitcher, mix concentrate, the rest of the water and the ice cubes. Stir until ice cubes have melted (at this point, entire mixture should be cold enough to serve.)
- Squeeze half a lemon into the pitcher.
- Pour into a glass over ice and garnish with a lemon.
*Although this iced tea is not completely calorie free it’s only 6 calories per serving.