I know what you’re thinking. The first time I read the name of this recipe, I thought they forgot the ‘chicken’ too. But there’s no mistake. The recipe I’ll be sharing with you today is for a delicious Grilled Caesar Salad — courtesy of the folks at Taste & Technique. It couldn’t be any simpler and it’s super-tasty. Let me know if you try this and what you think. Enjoy!
Ingredients (serves 6):
- 1 large garlic clove cut in half
- 6 oil packed anchovies
- 3 tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup water (or more, if needed to thin vinaigrette)
- 3 hearts of Romaine lettuce
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- In a food processor, add garlic, anchovies, grated cheese, vinegar, Worcestershire, mustard, lemon, and pepper. Process until fully blended and then scrape down the sides of the processor.
- With machine on, slowly add olive oil. If vinaigrette is too thick, add a small amount of water. Transfer to a bowl with a pastry brush.
- Adjust oven rack to top shelf and preheat boiler.
- Trim ends of Romaine hearts leaving the core intact. Cut in half lengthwise and place on baking sheet cut side up.
- Brush dressing over the lettuce making sure that it goes between the leaves. Sprinkle pine nuts on top.
- Set sheet pan on top shelf in the oven and cook for 4 – 6 minutes. The lettuce will start to wilt and brown lightly.
- Remove promptly from oven and sprinkle the Parmesan shavings on top. Serve warm.