- The Lighting : While there’s probably overhead lighting in this office, I love how there are other lighting elements adding ambiance to the room.
- The Color Scheme : The taupe and white combo is great on its own but the addition of the aqua and the mustard is unexpectedly pleasing.
- The Non-Traditional Desk Chair : Not all office chairs have to have a conference room feel. I love this non-traditional, almost 70s look chair.
- The Oversized Wall Accent : That tree branch is the equivalent of a bold statement necklace — the perfect finishing touch.
So, with these ideas in mind, I put together the following inspiration board for my basement office:
Some of these things are completed, some are in progress and some must be procured, so here is the rundown of the to-dos for this room.
Basement Office Checklist:
- Paint existing desk white
- Purchase custom chair
- Purchase rug
- Find and purchase tangerine lamp (featured one is out of stock)
Now that I’ve written it down it doesn’t seem like a huge project so hopefully soon you’ll see the finished product. Stay tuned.